Spain’s Mango increased turnover by 20%


The Catalan company Mango, based in Palau Solità i Plegamans, a town in Greater Barcelona, announced that MANGO MNG Holding, S.L.U. and its dependent companies had a turnover of €1,691 million last year. The figure corresponded to the direct sales from its own shops without the VAT and to the wholesalers to franchises. 84% of Mango’s turnover came from outside Spain, which means the remaining 16% had its origin in the domestic market.

Mango is continuing with its expansion plan in Europe, which is still the group’s main market. It will start up the new ‘megastore’ concept, based on shops with a surface ranging between 800 and 3,000 square metres. The new stores will integrate all the group’s lines. Mango also announced that in 2014 it will open two new product lines: one for larger sizes and another one for teenagers.

In 2013, the multinational company is planning to open new shops in Spain, Germany, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Italy, Poland and Russia. In addition, Mango emphasised in its note that it will open its largest shop in Europe in Munich, occupying 2,300 square metres. In addition, it will also open its largest shop internationally in Ankara, with more than 3,000 square metres. Mango’s main owner and President, Isaak Andic was born in Turkey and moved to Catalonia in his youth, where he opened his first shop. From there he founded his retail empire.

In addition, the Catalan company is focusing on its expansion plan in South America, mostly concentrating on Chile and Peru. In 2013, the company will open more MANGO, H.E. by MANGO y MANGO Touch shops in both countries and will reach 32 selling points in Chile and 24 in Peru.

Mango will open more shops in two markets with good prospective: South Africa and Australia. In fact, within the next four years, the Catalan company plans to open 40 more shops in each of the two countries.

Online sales increased by 93% in 2012 compared to the 2011 figures, according to the company’s press release. They represented a turnover of €70 million last year.

* Read more here.

About the Author

The Corner
The Corner has a team of on-the-ground reporters in capital cities ranging from New York to Beijing. Their stories are edited by the teams at the Spanish magazine Consejeros (for members of companies’ boards of directors) and at the stock market news site Consenso Del Mercado (market consensus). They have worked in economics and communication for over 25 years.

Be the first to comment on "Spain’s Mango increased turnover by 20%"

Leave a comment