Iberdrola will invest £6 billion (7.1 billion euros) in the UK through its subsidiary Scottish Power to develop the East Anglia Hub offshore wind farm complex. Iberdrola’s chairman made the announcement at the Global Investment Summit organised by Boris Johnson to boost foreign investment. The British PM thanked “for the investment and commitment to the country. You are always welcome”. The East Anglia Hub will be one of the largest…
Iberdrola (IBE) has announced net profit of 1.531,3 billion euros in the first half of the year, down 18.4% compared to the same period last year. The fall is due both to the impact of the tax hike in the UK and the recognition in 2020 of the capital gain on the sale of the stake in Siemens Gamesa. At close of trading on Wednesday, IBE was up 0.69% on…
On Tuesday, the Ministry for Ecological Transition presented a draft bill to the Council of Ministers to put an end to windfall profits, i.e. to put an end to the over-remuneration of nuclear and hydroelectric power in order to reduce consumers’ electricity bills, which have risen considerably, among other things, due to the increase in CO2 emissions.According to government sources, the proposal would respect the European regulatory framework (where there should be no discrimination by technology) and would be similar to that existing between 2006/2009, with the reduction of a part of the CO2 “dividend” to non-emitting plants prior to 2005 that sell energy on the market.
Major European industry players, co-led by Iberdrola and Telefónica, has launched a programme to train five million people in the European Union by 2030. The aim is to boost education and the search for structural solutions to combat unemployment on the continent, Europa Press reported. The initiative, called ‘Re-skilling 4 Employment’ (R4E), has been promoted by the main European business lobby, the European Round Table for Industry (ERT). It is headed up by firms such as Iberdrola, Telefónica, AstraZeneca, Nestlé, SAP, Sonae and Volvo Group.
Iberdrola is the Spanish energy brand with the highest growth in brand value, with a 1.4% increase in brand value and remains the most valuable Spanish energy company in the world according to Brand Finance, the intangible valuation consultancy. Furthermore, Iberdrola is the only Spanish company in the sector’s top 10. It ranks 6th in the table and has a value of €4.38 Bn. The ranking is headed by China’s State Grid with €46.9 Bn.
Iberdrola has increased its ambition in the offshore wind industry, following the conclusion of an agreement to take 100% ownership of Ailes Marines. The company, which previously owned 70% of the consortium’s capital, has acquired the remaining 30% from Avel Vor. With a global 12.4 GW offshore wind project pipeline, Iberdrola currently operates three offshore wind farms: West of Duddon Sands (389 MW), Wikinger (350 MW) and the 714-MW East Anglia ONE (to be fully commissioned in 2020).
Iberdrola will build its next wind farm in Spain, the Herrera Complex, with the most powerful onshore wind turbine, after awarding Siemens Gamesa the contract to supply the first SG 4.5-145 wind turbines, with a 4.5 MW power unit; which is almost seven times more powerful than the first wind turbines installed in Spain more than two decades ago.
Iberdrola is selling its entire stake in German turbine manufacturer Siemens Gamesa, representing 8.07 % of its share capital. The price for the transaction is €1.1 Bn, which equals to €20 per share, plus a premium of 32%.
Iberdrola will promote via its subsidiary Scottish Power Renewables a marine wind mega-project, called East Anglia Hub, which will add an installed capacity of 3,100 MW and involve an approximate investment of 6,500 million pounds (more than 7,600 million euros). The three projects will be procured together to leverage their scale with a continuous installation programme.
Banca March | The Spanish utility prepares its launching in Australia with a portfolio of renewable projects for 650 MW in the states of Queensland and South Australia, with an estimated market investment of approx. € 500M.