Caixabank, Unions Reach An Agreement: There Will Be 6,452 Departures, 15% Of The Workforce

Caixabank (CABK) has finally reached an agreement with the unions to carry out an adjustment plan of 6,452 employees, equivalent to 15% of the workforce, after reducing the initial proposal by 1,839 people (22%). The departures are expected to take place between November this year and March 2022. And all of them will be voluntary. According to analysts, the associated impact on the profit and loss account is estimated at…

Caixabank 1

Caixabank Cleans Up Its Balance Sheet Before The Merger: Will Sell €1Bn Of Toxic Assets

Before clompleting its merger with Bankia, Caixabank wants to reorganise its balance sheet and will put up for sale portfolios of problematic assets worth 1 billion euros. The doubtful assets CaixaBank intends to divest have been divided into two portfolios. The first, calledProject Hermitage’, is made up of ‘unsecured’ credits valued at some 600 million euros. The second one, under the name ‘Louvre Project’, consists of credits worth some 400 million euros with a real estate guarantee.

No Picture

Telefónica trims down net financial debt by €1.45 billion with Colombia merger

MADRID | Telefónica reported Monday to the Spanish financial regulator CNMV about the final completion of the merger process of Telefónica Móviles Colombia and Colombia Telecomunicaciones. The joint society will be owned by the Spanish company, which retains a 70 percent participation, and the Colombian State, with the remaining 30 percent. Telefónica explained that at the end of the second quarter of this year, this deal would cut its consolidated…

No Picture

Austerity romance: two towns merge in Spain seeking savings breakthrough

MADRID | Cesuras and Oza agreed this week the first merger between towns in Spain. The villages will become one local authority in a decision that was pushed by the need of public spending rationalisation, and that is likely to trigger a municipal restructuring in the region of Galicia. In fact, the president of Galicia’s province of A Coruña, Diego Calvo, admitted there are at least nine other towns currently…