Redeia: Spain and France to pay extra cost of Bay of Biscay interconnection


Norbolsa : Both countries reached an agreement yesterday to share the cost overruns in the construction of the Bay of Biscay electricity connection line, finally reaching €2.85 billion.

In 2017, the cost was estimated at €1.75 billion, but has now risen to the figure indicated above. At that time, it was also agreed that Spain would pay 62.5% of this amount, while France would pay the remaining 37.5%. This distribution scheme will prevail in the new agreement.

About the Author

The Corner
The Corner has a team of on-the-ground reporters in capital cities ranging from New York to Beijing. Their stories are edited by the teams at the Spanish magazine Consejeros (for members of companies’ boards of directors) and at the stock market news site Consenso Del Mercado (market consensus). They have worked in economics and communication for over 25 years.