NH Hotels: Interesting, But Expensive Compared To Rivals

NH Hotels: interesting, but expensive compared to rivalsThe NH group is among the largest ten hotel chains in Europe and the top 35 in the world

José Benito de Vega | Following the sharp fall compared to the Ibex 35 in the last two months of 2018 (-26% in November/December 2018 compared to the -4% of the Ibex 35), NH has performed relatively positively so far in 2019, with a rise of 22% compared to the 12% of the Ibex 35.

Business Model

After the takeover by Minor International in July 2018, accepted by 94% of the shareholders, NH Hotel Group has become part of Minor Hotels Group. The NH group is among the largest ten hotel chains in Europe and the top 35 in the world, with more than 350 hotels (54,374 rooms) in 28 countries. It enjoys a leadership position and recognised brand in the urban business hotel segment, with prime locations, especially in Spain and Belgium. Spain is its main market, where 27% of its income is generated, followed by central Europe (24%), Benelux (23%), Italy (18%) and lastly America, where 8% of its income is generated. Of the total of 54,374 rooms, it owns 8%, rents 62& and 16% are under management contract.

The story of NH is a history of growth throughout its 40 years of life to become a reference point for urban hotels in Europe and Latin America present in the main capitals like Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bogota, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Milan, Munich, New York, Rome …

About the Author

The Corner
The Corner has a team of on-the-ground reporters in capital cities ranging from New York to Beijing. Their stories are edited by the teams at the Spanish magazine Consejeros (for members of companies’ boards of directors) and at the stock market news site Consenso Del Mercado (market consensus). They have worked in economics and communication for over 25 years.