Spanish Ferrovial gets €945m-worth projects in UK

Ferrovial’s services portfolio, which is one of the company’s major drivers, could increase by a range of 4.5- 5.3%, according to Spanish analysts, after the great day the company lived in the British market on Monday.

The Spanish firm’s subsidiary Amey was awarded two projects. The first is a 5-year contract, which shall be extendable to five more years, amounting €945 million and jointly with the national company Carrilion. The project comprises the maintenance of houses belonging to the UK Ministry of Defence as well as of 30 military facilities in Scotland and Ireland. The amount corresponding to Amey reaches to €343 million.

The second contract is for the Amey-led consortium along with the Swiss Sersa to renew points rods and crossing pieces of Network rail, the main UK’s operator. The agreement totals €670 million, of which €469 will go to Amey, and is to be in force during 10 years. Amey holds a 70% stake in the consortiun , while Sersa has the remaining 30%.

About the Author

Julia Pastor
Julia Pastor has broad experience in business writing for Consejeros Media Group at Consejeros, Consenso del Mercado and The Corner. Previously, she worked for the financial news agency GBA and contributed to El País Business. She holds a Master's in Financial Journalism and a degree in English from the Complutense University in Madrid.

Be the first to comment on "Spanish Ferrovial gets €945m-worth projects in UK"

Leave a comment