Garanti Bank

Garanti BBVA

BBVA Hikes Price Of Bid For 50.15% Of Turkey’s Garanti From 12.20 To 15 Liras/Share

BBVA’s board of directors has decided to increase the price of the takeover bid it launched last November for the 50.15% stake it does not control in Garanti, its Turkish subsidiary. Specifically, the bank has upgraded the takeover bid from 12.20 to 15 Turkish liras per share, as reported to the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV). BBVA flags that the total outlay for the takeover bid will be 31.595 billion…

Garanti BBVA

Turkey Gives The Green Light To BBVA’s Takeover Bid For 50.15% Of Garanti

Turkey’s securities supervisor (Capital Markets Board) has authorised BBVA’s takeover bid for the 50.15% it does not own in Turkish subsidiary Garanti, the bank has informed the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV). The offer will begin on 4 April and end on 29 April. BBVA, which owns 49.85% of Garanti’s capital, announced the takeover bid in November last year. It made the offer at 12.20 Turkish liras per share, with…

BBVA Holvi

With The Turkish Lira At Historic Lows, BBVA Launches A €2.25 billion Takeover Bid For The 51% Stake In Turkey’s Garanti It Does Not Control

BBVA, which currently holds 49.85% of the capital of Turkish bank Garanti has agreed to launch a voluntary takeover bid for the remaining 50.15% it does not hold. BBVA is offering Garanti’s shareholders 12.20 Turkish Liras in cash for each share of the Company. This is a 15% premium to the 10.58 Turkish lira at which the bank’s shares were trading on Friday 12 November. The maximum amount to be…

No Picture

BBVA in Turkey: how unrest could harm the Spanish bank

MADRID | By Iñigo Villegui at Capitalmadrid | As unrest rattles in Turkey, markets reportedly experienced their worst day in years on Monday, the lira moving into the red and government bonds suffering major losses. Brokers interested in BBVA are fearing this turmoil can harm the Spanish bank, which since 2010 has a 24.9% stake in the first Turkish bank, Garantí.